View Single Post
Anonymous48690

Default May 08, 2016 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatie McBoatface View Post
I'm single and haven't had sex in over a year. It's not *all* I think about, but I find myself saying outrageously flirtatious things to my female friends, some of whom I'm not even attracted to. I don't know why I do it and it's always over text or Facebook. I say things I would never say face to face.

We'd been meeting every Friday night in the hot tub and we'd go for drinks after. I thought we were getting to be good friends. She suggested we could date but didn't want to because it would ruin the friendship. I said I understood and had no problems with it. We were even texting each other late at night in bed to say goodnight. So while my joke / comment was pretty lame, it was the vicious vicious backlash that sent me into tears.

That's where I am right now. I'm struggling with the belief that "a good person wouldn't say the things I do."

Thanks for all the feedback, it helps. I'm meeting my therapist to go this in two weeks. Tick tock, Scully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whats a "good person"? I don't know what you say, but I'll take your word on it that it can get quite lude?

Usually to deal with a personality defect, I'd have to disembark from the situation to give the trigger and feelings that go with it a break to rest. Maybe you're just a flirty kind of guy that gets carried away as long as the girl is receptive, and then that one comment too much....

Maybe limiting comments to one or two and leaving on a good note is better then driving to the edge of the cliff while pressing the gas?

Please don't beat yourself up over this, it just doesn't help.

Good luck with you.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote