View Single Post
runlola72

Member Since May 2016
201 hugs
given
Default May 12, 2016 at 10:26 PM

I'm a magical thinker in general. I know this about myself and so far it hasn't interfered with my life. I just quietly make associations and inferences and go about business as usual. An example of my magical thinking is that I see T as a blend of all my fathers/father figures (read: I have father hunger issues, as I have noted in other posts). T is a professor and researcher, as was my father though different fields (but both in science). T is a gardener and boater, like my stepfather, and resembles my step-father in a way. T's full name strongly resembles my former employer's name (former boss was like a dad to me), and former boss was psych major. T is also very formal in speech and dress, as was my old boss, and extremely well-mannered.

So I realize this is just my wildly dopamine-enhanced brain seeking connections to make sense of where I am. I want to believe I am with the right T, so I am looking for signs from the "universe". I want to believe the universe is telling me he is the one who can help me work through these daddy issues I have. I know this is a flawed system.

Does anyone else do crazy stuff like this? Or am I alone?
runlola72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight