View Single Post
Icare dixit
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2016
1,484 hugs
given
Default May 20, 2016 at 05:14 AM

I think most "normal" humans have a range from 40–60 or something like that, rather. Those without any form of depression or mania. If our range is 10–90, maybe more like 45–55. If it were a linear scale. If that's even logical for emotion.

Some of us may never experience much between 40–60. SZ may actually be like 47–53, but there is this secondary, derived thing called perception on a separate scale which is far more volatile, sensitive (to change, of emotion, on the first scale) than the first one. Maybe that second one has a range of 30–70 for SZ. Use of psychostimulants may use the full range. Use of primarily serotonergic agents may use the full range of the emotion scale.

But interesting.

I don't experience much between 45–55 at least. I don't feel very human as a result. Someone even once said I might be a robot.

Edit:
So maybe two non-linear scales would be best, based on distribution/occurrence. I think then there are greater differences among us than in the entire human population, relatively speaking. If we were to experience those scales as linear, which makes sense.

It makes me feel alone. Subhuman.

Mania kills cells. Brain cells die. Memories become more reduced conceptually, making more efficient use of limited means. Memories shape our reality. Our memories are more or less split in two by abstractions, conceptual reductions. Mood states with memories, concepts, attached. Memories of pain and those of joy. It causes instability, changeability. Fearing that will leave an emptiness between pain and joy and a greater divide.
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Heal Me.

Last edited by Icare dixit; May 20, 2016 at 05:45 AM..
Icare dixit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45023, wiretwister

Thanks for this!
Prism Bunny, wiretwister