View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
10.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 04, 2016 at 09:36 PM

If it helps at all the rash is not a big deal really. You do have to watch and report rashes and they tell you to be cautious for a reason but a real Lamictal rash is quite rare. It's more common to get rashes for other reasons coincidentally. If you get a rash get to a dr and let them see it. Often they are able to re-start the lamictal with a slower titration.

I know a good bit about this because I was one of the rare (I think it's like 1:1000 or less) people to get true lamictal rash. And even then had I not taken another dose after a couple of bumps showed up I wouldn't have had it nearly as badly. I'll tell you a little just because that knowledge helps me with anxiety about such things.

The rash is distinctive so you are not going to miss it. It's hivey/blistery and hot. It burns when it is touched even by water. It's like no other rash I've ever had. You really have to ignore a lot to get into real trouble. It's like a rash with a sunburn on top. For me it spread pretty rapidly but I had the worst location (face, lips, around an eye, down the neck) and those areas are more sensitive than other parts of the body.

But really, statistically it is HIGHLY unlikely you'll get it and if you do it's generally so obvious no worry ahead of time is needed.

The sad thing is that it did work for me. I had to stop it because of the severity of the rash and that was sad because few drugs work and I was on a 2nd trial of it and it was helping a lot in the 2 weeks before I got the rash (I was I think 8-10 weeks out).

Hang in there. This will pass and you'll be ok.

Thanks for this!
MedicatedMe