Poohbah

Member Since May 2016
1,121 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 06, 2016 at 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatex View Post
So, I was raped [Trigger] and I think about what happened not the specifics but emotions idk how to explain it. It wasn't until recently when I realized something that basically turned all my thoughts upside down. I realized that my first sexual experience was when I was raped [trigger] the last person I kissed (the second person I have ever kissed in my life) was the guy that raped me [trigger]. I think about it and realize these things trying to figure out how to get him off of my lips and off of my body, when I take a shower I viciously scrub my body not wanting him to be there. I just cant believe my first sexual experience was when I was raped [trigger]. I keep thinking about it because I cant stop I want those thoughts to go away and I just cry thinking about it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Desolatex,

It doesn't surprise me if all you can focus on now are the emotions surrounding what happened to you. From what I've learned over the years as a rape and abuse survivor myself, this is pretty typical.

But I couldn't tell from your post if this is a recent event that happened to you, or if you are recovering memories from a past event(s).

In either case, the first step is acknowledging what happened to yourself. (That can take victims years to do, too.) And you are doing this, and I know how difficult it is.

(Oh, and once, to deal with the dirtiness many of us feel, I soaked in a tub so long, and so often my toenails came off. :S )

You are being very strong.

--Ceara1010

in event of success.

-Ernest Shackleton
Ceara1010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Desolatex