Magnate

Member Since Jun 2016
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 11, 2016 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicatedMe View Post
For those who've taken Lamictal, do you remember if you experienced panic attacks, rapid heartbeat, sweaty palms, decreased appetite, constant crying within the first few days of taking it? I'm freaking out big time. It was mild this morning but seems to have gotten worse. Dunno if it's just me or the drug.

I also can't sit still. Pacing back and forth, worrying and trying to calm myself down. My psychiatrist didn't prescribe me anything else to deal with this except Horizant, which I'm beginning to think is BS.

I do remember crying a lot when I was on Lamictal for the first week or so and being a little more emotional than usual for maybe a month while tapering up. Strangly enough, it did go away, and now I have a hard time crying, even when I'm in a lot of emotional pain. I do still struggle with anxiety, but that's been always. I would imagine you are still going through the tapering process if you have only been on it for a few days? It took me a month to taper all the way up to my dose, so it takes time to see how you do. I did notice a decrease an appetite....I still don't eat as much as I did before, but it's no longer an issue. Now, I really don't notice any significant side effects. I would definitely still call the Pdoc though to check in. Lamictal seems to work well for me now, so sometimes it does take waiting to adjust. Of course, that's just me though, and it will vary person to person. Just sharing my experience.
xRavenx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote