JustJace2u
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2016
1,346 hugs
given
Default Jun 12, 2016 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearsomeAnna View Post
I've read both An Unquiet Mind and Touched By Fire, which are wonderful books. A book that I found to be very, very helpful is a book called Bipolar Disorder Demystified by Lana Castle. The author has the disease and the book covers everything from mental disorder myths, to physiology, to symptoms and treatments. It's a wonderful resource without pandering to "victimhood" - I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about - the awful books that encourage an "oh, woe is me" approach to mental disease. This book recognizes that bipolar disorder, while not to be taken lightly, is a manageable disease on par with, say, diabetes.

Go! Go and read it! That's an order :-p
~Anna

some of it's magic
some of it's tragic
but i had a good life all the way......
~jimmy buffett
Just ordered Bipolar Disorder Demystified the other day and it arrived today. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm currently reading another book, so that will be next on the list. This BP newbie needs all the help/support she can get since it seems my parents are in denial.

Current meds: 100mg Wellbutrin; 200mg Lamictal; 400mg Seroquel at night; Xanax 1mg/PRN; 100mg/PRN Trazodone at night for insomnia
Diagnosed in May 2016

JustJace2u is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote