Thread: Inpatient
View Single Post
runningonresilience

Member Since Jun 2016
Default Jun 13, 2016 at 04:45 PM

Hi NoddaProbBob,

I would be happy to be a resource for you as I have been to many eating disorder treatment centers (inpatient through iop) all across the country. I have found inpatient "ed" treatment to be like any kind of inpatient treatment, it's triage, it's best for people who are severally physically compromised or very underweight or whose symptoms are so pervasive that they need 24/7 intense monitoring to stop. My experience and that of so many of my friends in recovery is that residential treatment is the most healing level. It usually involves a stay of approx. 30-90 days unlike a very quick inpatient hosp. It's still 24/7 care but there is a little more freedom and is usually in a more home-like environment. There is extensive individual and group therapy and a very structured schedule. There is a psychiatrist and a doc to manage med and physical symptoms. There is a nutritionist who leads groups and works individually to help you adjust to a meal plan. Sometimes there are even cooking groups to simulate the outside world. There are also outings and individual passes in residential to help you assimilate back into the real world slowly.

So depending on your situation, I would look into somewhere that offers multiple levels of care. Id be happy to advise you on specific centers and give you any more information on what treatment looks like. It helps me too, because I feel like everything I've gone through was for something.

Kindly,

runningonresilience

“For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction.” ― Cynthia Occelli
runningonresilience is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
buttrfli42481