View Single Post
A Red Panda
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2013
882 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Yep I've been with my counsellor for three years now - he's pushed at my limits a lot so he seems to know what will make me shut down and what will prompt emotional responses - he's noticed that I can share facts no problem, but I don't actually share or show my emotions about it.

Basically... He picked up on it just through the things I eventually shared and how I'd respond to things. It's what he works with me on, and not the bipolar that is the reason why I got placed with him (I've got good self management for those for the most part). I was shocked because I'd read about it before and see myself in the criteria. (I wanted to be a psychologist for awhile and had done a lot of reading on lots of different disorders).

"I have a problem with low self-esteem. Which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am.

A Red Panda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote