View Single Post
Waterbear
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2016
1,316 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 22, 2016 at 06:09 PM

I appreciate my old T hugely. She was empathic, understanding, kind, gentle, safe, dependable, reliable, trustworthy, honest and strong. She gavr me space but prodded and probed just the right amount. She listened, accepted, cared and saw strength in me when I could not. She was there when I needed her and helped me through a really difficult time, when without her I probably would have fallen back down the hole. She was not the one to do long term work with me but she stuck with me until I had found someone. She admitted that even if she could have, she may not have been the best person for the job. When I was struggling with transition she was there, but was just closed enough to make me continue to seek further support, rather than to keep fostering a relationship that could not continue. She became a positive voice in my head and for all of those reasons I will be eternally grateful. I genuinely think that something pointed me in her direction when my Mum passed and, when I am in a positive frame of mind I like to look at it as a parting gift from someone who could not be those things to me. It hurts to have 'lost' my old T but as the saying goes, it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Waterbear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
rainbow8

Thanks for this!
rainbow8