View Single Post
Icare dixit
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2016
1,484 hugs
given
Default Jun 26, 2016 at 07:18 AM

I completely agree with Trippin2.0. I mean, she's really nuts so she knows, or just nod in agreement convincingly, or she'll go off. Nod unconvincingly, and you better run for it.

And she's not on meds, which is typical for people like her, so what does she know!?

Did I mention I completely agree?

Seriously: it does sound like a personality thing which can be part of BP or just appear like it, parts of a borderline personality, but a diagnosis would be less "exact" or "categorical" than BP anyway and it's really not just a personality thing. I really agree completely with Trippin2.0 ().

But it also has an "actively destructive" component which makes it dysfunctional. If you don't have that, it could just be similar but not essentially like BPD.

Basically, if you need mania, depression, opposition or assurance to stabilise your self-image, good or bad, you might just be borderline crazy if not crazy (you can be both, like you are from what I read, BP "crazy", at different times).

Mania kills cells. Brain cells die. Memories become more reduced conceptually, making more efficient use of limited means. Memories shape our reality. Our memories are more or less split in two by abstractions, conceptual reductions. Mood states with memories, concepts, attached. Memories of pain and those of joy. It causes instability, changeability. Fearing that will leave an emptiness between pain and joy and a greater divide.
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Heal Me.
Icare dixit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
kkrrhh

Thanks for this!
Trippin2.0