View Single Post
junkDNA
Comfy Sedation

Member Since Sep 2012
8,152 hugs
given
Default Jun 29, 2016 at 11:20 PM

awesome... he is open to criticism and not scared to apologize if he's in the wrong. for example, one session he was basically telling me abt my roommate (we have the same T) and how she has significant difficulties but is still optimistic (i am a huge pessimist). i told him it felt like he was comparing me to her and that i didnt measure up. i told him he hurt my feelings. he told me he is sorry for doing that many times and sorry for hurting my feelings. another example is when i saw him after a stay at my mom's where i was getting my drugs. i hadnt used the whole time there and was so happy to tell him abt it. then he started lecturing me abt how i should tell my mom to hide the drugs when im there, etc. i basically shut down and turned into a child and covered myself with a blanket laid down. he asked me what was going on adn i said i felt like he was lecturing me. he then said it seems like i came in there all excited to tell him how i am clean and he didnt acknowledge that and started the lecture . and that my inner child was hurt bc of this. i said yes!!! he said he is sorry that he just worries about me. that he is very proud of me for staying clean.

Hugs from:
awkwardlyyours

Thanks for this!
awkwardlyyours, ruh roh