View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 04, 2016 at 01:14 PM

I think it's important for people to be able to see all sides & to look into what it's going to be like dealing with it in the relationship before getting deeply involved in a relationship.

A blog is usually a place where we are just able to express our own opinions on things. Why it's popping up for you to read & not you going to it on your own choice.....that I don't understand.

It's called using one's wise mind to see both the logical & emotional side of a situation before jumping into it & it's important to do that especially when we are looking at a committed marriage relationship.

I wish I had understood what I was getting into before I got married but the Dx of my H wasn't even available back in those days & it didn't even get Dx'ed before his behavior had a serious negative effect on my life. I wish I had been able to correlate the red flags I did see with what was REALLy going on with him......I gave the marriage way too many years before I finally escaped.

Quote:
"think twice about entering into a relationship with someone who has a physical handicap". A person in a wheelchair may pose x or x problem in your life. Traveling anywhere with them can be a daily source of frustration...
Even with physical handicaps.....it's important to know what is involved as the requirements in a relationship before committing to is. Too often people don't bother to look at the REAL picture & then when it does get to much as they would have understood if they had just taken the time before getting involved, they end up getting out of the relationship because in reality, they couldn't handle it.

Better to look at the whole truth about situations before getting involved & then later on realizing it's beyond what one can handle when they could have known from the beginning if they had all the information. All too many times we get involved in relationships without the full picture & then too many divorces end up happening because of that.....better NOT to get involved in the first place IMO....love does NOT conquer all....talk to the thousands who have been in those situations & have in the long run been hurt by the relationship they didn't really look into before getting involved & why we have such a high number of divorces when people realize they can no longer tolerate what they got involved in.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
seeker1950

Thanks for this!
Gavinandnikki, Open Eyes, seeker1950, venusss, Yours_Truly