yagr
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2015
1,121 hugs
given
Default Jul 04, 2016 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaFarmGal View Post
I know some agencies deny claims because they don't have time ("ie inadequate staff") to deal with them. This is true with workmans comp claims at least. Maybe now that it's under a judges eyes it will finally be approved. Has your lawyer advised you at all on how to prepare? That seems like his job.
No, my lawyer has not told me how to prepare yet. I have never met him and just had our first conversation last week (via phone). I have been working up till now with a lawyer with the firm who handles the preliminaries (up to the hearing date being scheduled). While I am certain that he will give me some tips before the hearing, I am equally sure that he could care less about me as a person - this is just a numbers game for his firm...take as many cases as they can that they think have a decent chance of approval, push them through and collect a $6000 check for each person who gets approved.