Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 05, 2016 at 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse View Post
Of course it's realistic to look at all sides of things. However, I think your missing the point of why that article (and others like it) are offensive.

It's also not a blog of individuals' opinions. It's supposed to be a blog from "experts in the field" on clinical practice and treatment.
But isn't that the treatment for those who could possibly be affected by those who have struggled with emotional neglect?.....to beware & to use one's wise mind when getting involved in a relationship like that.

What may be offensive to one may be therapy to another.

I know that looking back at my own life, I would have loved to have known what I grew up around & how it affected me & the choices I made in my own life & my own marriage. I would have loved to have known what those red flags I ignored before my marriage were all about because I had no idea what I had grown up with & made a very BAD choice because I didn't know. Learning & knowing (even looking back) has been part of my therapy.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Gavinandnikki, newday2020, Pikku Myy