View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,553 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Lightbulb Jul 08, 2016 at 12:15 PM

I'll just add one more thing: How can we have an arbitrary time frame or deadline of 6 months on someone's thread?? Who can put a time frame on someone's feelings?

If someone starts a thread on losing someone, after 6 months why is it "not relevant"? You don't know the original poster's thoughts. There's so many variables and factors on that.

One can ask a moderator to close or even remove a thread if he/she doesn't want any more replies. As long as a thread is OPEN, someone can post in it.

If I started a thread on losing someone, and activity stops after 6 months, does that mean nobody should post in it anymore??

It also depends on one's settings-----you may view threads one year old and newer. If the 6 month deadline is this critical, the options could be limited to "6 months and newer", OR maybe a program can be run to automatically close any threads that had no activity for 6 months. That way it can still be viewed......

This is why I stick to mostly "light" topics, as I don't want to upset anyone and didn't even know there was this rule.

Examples: My thread on musical instruments was recently "bumped up", a harmless topic I think, due to recent posts. Prior to this, last post was 2 years ago or maybe a year or so.

I recently started a thread on unbearable noises. Since I'm "sound-sensitive", it will always be "relevant" to me. I wouldn't mind if someone posted in it a year from now on.

I don't usually post in this forum but this subject I couldn't resist........

That's my 2 cents.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37904

Thanks for this!
Takeshi