Magnate

Member Since Nov 2007
65 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 08, 2016 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydygy View Post
I take Vraylar and my insurance pays for it. I've been on it for 5 weeks and no weight gain. It's $1100+ for a 30 day supply of 3mg caps. My copay was $0. My doc also gives me samples.

Saphris was good for me with no weight gain on 5mg a day...but if you take a lot of Xyprexa you will need more Saphris than 5mg...probably 15mg which did put a little weight on.

Xyprexa for me put a ton of weight on me too. I couldn't function on 10mg. I just ate and slept.

Invega seemed to work but I took it with Depakote and Paxil so I gained a lot of weight but I'm not sure if Invega did it or not....I know Depakote does.
Thanks for your experiences.

Depakote never made me gain any weight. I mean, maybe, maybe 5lbs, but I was on something else at the time known for weight gain, so I doubt it was the depakote.

I take 15mg of Zyprexa. I was on 10mg and my pdoc upped it because I was still having symptoms. But if I stay on it I'm asking to go back to 10mg because adding that extra 5mg made me gain weight. I had plateaued at 10mg and gained another 10-15 after upping my dose.
SingDanceRunLife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote