View Single Post
nushi

Member Since Feb 2012
773 hugs
given
Default Jul 10, 2016 at 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardlyyours View Post
It's a nice ordinarily well point... But I think one of the huge problems that the article mentioned only with one word, is actually the giant elephant standing in the room. How drugs overshadow the need for psychotherapy & talk!!!

The problem here lies with the "business-oriented" doctors & pharmaceutical corporations more than the drugs themselves. The drugs are just chemical compounds, that sometimes work & sometimes don't, but the orientations & drives of the people involved with the manufacturing, selling, & prescribing the drugs are the real problem!!!

Here in Egypt, because psychiatrists want to earn fast money, & they've got the drugs handy nearby to provide them with the opportunity to just do that. Instead of giving hour-long sessions for every patient, talking, listening, practicing psychotherapy, they just provide the patient with no more than 15 minutes of their dear precious $earning-time, to quickly put the patient in a category within the DSM, & prescribe them drugs!!! They even give priority meetings with pharmaceutical industry representatives than the patients who should wait a bit longer to meet the doctor after they finish, even if he/she came to the clinic first...

That's why after 27 years, I'm still suffering from OCD & Depression, I went to over a dozen psychiatrists who don't have the patience or $time to practice psychotherapy with me, I've became a slave for the 250pounds-monthly-costing Paroxetine (& the cost is increasing) that doesn't work for me anymore, but I can't stop it because everytime I try it punishes me with severe nausea & anxiety as withdrawal symptoms; & I'm lonely & can't find anyone to talk to in a world where people run anxiously to gain more money & buy a new Mercedes!!!

Perhaps, I'd be glad if psychopharmaceutical doctors could come up with a new drug also to cure the insatiable & harmful desire of psychiatrists & pharmaceutical businessmen for drug-$, so they take it & cure this chemically-imbalanced lust for $$$!!!

In my opinion, from a Big History evolutionary perspective, mental disorders & illnesses have become the necessary evolutionary genetic mutation in the human mind, that is trying to change human's behavior & rebel against the corrupt, materialistic, & inhumane political & socio-economic order we are forced to accept & adapt to against the nature of our intrinsic human conscience. Instead of fighting mental divergence away from this mass conformity, we should try to speculate & learn about it more as perhaps a historical evolutionary mechanism of finding a new better path for humanity...

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken, awkwardlyyours

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken, pachyderm