View Single Post
Anonymous49852

Default Jul 18, 2016 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_in_the_woods View Post
I think I know the type of person you are talking about... I have been told by family and the few friends I have that I have told them the same stories and information repeatedly...but, I don't do this purposely or to "perform"...I have a lot of memory issues, so I am always surprised when told this bc I literally unaware that I have told them sed story b4...and then I get upset w/ myself and self conscious It is rare that I go to social gatherings bc I have terrible anxiety esp in groups of ppl. When I do I try to engage in conversation, but generally find that ppl don't listen, speak over me, or sometimes walk away when I try to be part of a conversation... I don't think it's bc I am saying something I have b4, but I don't understand social interactions well, so IDK??
I do know that sometimes I speak in streams (hardie filtering and composing thoughts), but this is mostly in one on one conversations...my mind tends to view a subject from multiple angles and I have been told that I can say the same thing in many different ways..sometimes these ways are just slightly different wording structure, which I guess to many other ppl can appear repetitive, but to me are entirely different statements bc I view seemingly small nuances to have greatly different meanings.. most of the time...those who know me well..are not unkind about it, they will either change the subject or make polite excuses and get off the phone w/me...when I become aware that I am doing this I find it very distressing esp when I can't seem to stop..I started the thought out loud and if I don't finish it out loud it will continue to go round and round in my head.. I don't know why, but I get angry at myself for this.
i tend to use the same phrases a lot when i talk to people, show affection or other lighthearted conversation...but to me its no different than someone saying "hi" everytime they see people.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lost_in_the_woods

Thanks for this!
Lost_in_the_woods