View Single Post
Anonymous45127

Default Jul 27, 2016 at 10:05 PM

I can relate a fair bit to your entire post.

While my T fortunately has always told me "This is your session, not your brother's. I don't care about him and want to hear about you.", every one I talks to such as caseworkers and other people with mental illness always focus on my brother. They always ask about him, pressure me to help him out, and so on. My brother was also violent to me growing up, but people frequently guilt trip me saying that I should care more about him, no matter what he has done.

Like you, I was always OK, not the troubled soul he is, and so I've always been invisible.

I'm so so angry that your T is doing this. He is reinforcing your beliefs that you don't matter.

You MATTER. You are HIS patient, not your brother. He should NOT be doing this.

You deserve a T who does their basic job - being YOUR T.

I know i feel terribly guilty and horrible for resenting the interest people I know show in my brother. And horribly ashamed that I hate him for his treatment of me, and also sad that he's suffering.

You wrote that you didn't think it "should be a big deal", but it IS. Your brother can find his own T. His own supports. He doesn't have to take YOURS. You shouldn't have to "share" your T with him.

You deserve care, help...to have your needs attended to. Not a continuation of always being an afterthought.

HUGS!

Sorry if I sound incoherent, your post stirred up a lot of emotion.

Last edited by Anonymous45127; Jul 27, 2016 at 10:18 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
guilloche, LonesomeTonight, rainboots87

Thanks for this!
guilloche, LonesomeTonight, rainboots87, skeksi