View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,393 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 30, 2016 at 10:03 PM

You also should be able to get assistance with heat (here it is called HEAP) and I think there is something through electric.

And again, don't feel bad about using things. You served our country! You are in school so this is happening for a reason and it will end. You are absolutely right that the GI Bill should include expenses. It is silly that it doesn't.

The final thought I had and the one I would look into absolutely last is federal student loans. I think the other things make more sense for you than winding up in debt later. But if you had to the loans are there for students and you don't have to pay while in school. They can be a real trap if you use too much; mine were a huge percent of my bills before I became disabled but they got me my education and were the only way that could happen. They don't care how you spend whatever you qualify for so it can go for rent, food, etc.

But really, the other things are better, esp. WIC.