Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,461 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 07, 2016 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkklo View Post
I pay all of my bills through my GI Bill-- and when that's done . . . .
Is there any bill you could default on without losing an essential necessity, like shelter?

If by "my bills" you are including things like credit card bills, then you have to look at your priorities. Your first moral obligation is to feed yourself and your baby.

This may or may not apply to you, but I've known people who would literally starve themselves to keep their FICO score from going down. The SNAP benefit is not intended to help people manage excess debt that they should not have taken on . . . or to keep a fancier apartment than they should ever have rented. You may have done neither of these things. I'm just trying to explain the thinking behind how SNAP works, since you seem to be asking about that. If you're trying to hold on to things you need to let go of, then SNAP won't be supportive of that goal.

The social safety net is set up to highly prioritize feeding pregnant women. But you also need to prioritize that. Going to a food bank does not mean you are taking anything away from anyone else. Take any help you are eligible to get. You owe that to your baby . . . and to yourself.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shortandcute