View Single Post
Miswimmy1
~ wingin' it ~

Member Since Aug 2012
922 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2016 at 12:55 AM

I agree with the above poster. If your T accepts the amount, I think you can make peace with yourself. You are doing what you can, and your therapist sounds like a great T for working with you to figure out a payment arrangement that will allow you to keep working together.

I'm not sure if your therapist specifically talked about it, but I do know that some therapists offer a sliding scale fee. Which basically means the cost of the session varies depending on the person's ability to pay. It is not unusual for therapists to make adjustments. Yes - they need to make enough money to make a living but most therapists did not enter into the business wanting to make a profit and/or thinking that they were going to get rich.

Your therapist has worked out her finances on her end and has determined that continuing to be your therapist, despite whatever discrepancy there might be between her typical fee and what you are paying, is not going to break her financially. It sounds like you might be feeling a little bit guilty that you may possibly be paying less than some of her other patients (understandable). However, she has decided to continue working with you. She have just cut you off if you couldn't pay her full fee. If I were in your shoes, I would be feeling special. But maybe that's just me.