View Single Post
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster

Member Since Jun 2011
67k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2016 at 04:14 PM

I understand that it is wrong and unfair. I understand that it hurt you. You dont need to convince me of how horrible it is / was, and how it still affects your life.

I read a book about how people like Mozart got "supported" by THOUSANDS of approving comments throughout his lifetime - and so what about people who receive the opposite? They get thousands of disapproving comments - how do they / we turn out in life? That reminds me of what you are saying in this thread, only more generally. You asked specifically about single vs married married parents.

For myself, i have been in therapy pretty much all my adult life, to try to make my life turn out more like a person who has had advantages. You learn to use the gifts you have. I may not have my cousins dimples, but i am definitely braver, among other things. She has other good qualities i dont have. It balances out, i guess. When you are an adult, you decide what you want your life to look like and you try to make it so. Talking to a t, and talking to people on pc helps me. There are some very good people here.
unaluna is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote