Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
752 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2016 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by objectclient View Post
I'm still grieving months after leaving T too and it makes me doubt therapy as a treatment for attachment issues because you may form an attachment to a T (or if it's group therapy, the other members) only for it to be taken away prematurely and completely. You can never see or speak with them again which only compares to a death or a nasty break up.
I have definite difficulties with relationships, some would call it an attachment problem. So to experience, in therapy, a rather extreme form of attachment and then abandonment is a worst-nightmare-realized scenario. Just as you say it was taken away prematurely and completely. No more contact would be allowed, period.

I think it's unconscionable that people who are already in distress or have a history of trauma or relational miseries, are put in these no-win situations by these idiot therapists. You either get subjected to continued torment and wounding in therapy, or you face the anguish of suddenly being alone with all that has been stirred up. And… as a parting gift I got the blame too. Yay!
BudFox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RainyDay107, SalingerEsme, Takeshi

Thanks for this!
RainyDay107, SalingerEsme, ScottJ33, Takeshi