Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2014
172 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2016 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel'smom View Post
I'm glad she went to Therapy with you that's a great sign! Bipolar isn't the be all end all. I know it feels like it but you're doing wonderful getting D help now while she's still young. She doesn't risk kindling (if you believe in bipolar kindling). She can learn to work around her bipolar and still be successful. She can get accommodations to help her finish and succeed in school. I know genes feel like it's your fault but try not to fall into that. She has a name for her struggles now and a way to get help. Celebrate because now it gets easier. I know you were hoping she'd grow out of her issues but most people don't.

Kindling?
She hasn't been diagnosed yet.
She sees a p doc next week?
I was not hoping she would grow out of her issues. I knew they were serious. I've been getting her help since she was in grade school. I divorced her father before she started kindergarten . I had an IEP done for her in 4th grade and she does not have a LD or a conduct disorder. She has a mood disorder NOS at this point along with two other dx. Her main struggles right now are substance abuse and a nutritional disorder. She is a very high achieving student.
I think I misrepresented her in this post. I am sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leomama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote