Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 17, 2016 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedbyself View Post
Sorry, i vanished for a while (a slump that keeps me away from sites)........... Well, after several talks with my t about how things are in me, he said it sounded like DID and went on to explain why it happens and what it means. I felt wrong asking so many questions in here when that wasn't my official diagnosis but now.......

Still trying to understand so many things. I was wondering if everyone's alters have am age feeling about them. I often feel "No age at all" and i kinda busy go on what icall autopilot... but then there are times like right now where I feel completely different then I did just hours ago and want to cry, give up on everything, full of conscious and overwhelming self hate asks more, but unlike the times I feel different and a different age, this time I still feel no age but so really different.

Do you all have switches that don't involve feeling age change?
for me when I dissociated into an alter I would become that alters age, even if they did not have an age that they could tell someone I still was that alters "age"

age here in america is a standard that is set according to one....how many times the earth revolves around the sun, one trip around the sun equals a year, this is called chronological\biological age. then human beings have developmental mild stones mentally and physically that is met that marks that childs developmental age, mental maturity age...

example when I switched into Rainy even though when asked how old she was she would say she has no age, from what she did, how she behaved, how she spoke, what language \wording she spoke, clothing, toys in short her sense of agency showed she was 6 years old. so when i switched into rainy thats how old I was...doing things a 6 year old would do, speaking like a 6 year old, wearing clothing styles that reflected a 6 year old, playing with toys, tv shows and such that a 6 year old would when i was 6 years old.

another example when I switched into thelma dispite the fact that she was not aged her sense of agency showed she was a sexually active which put her mental maturity at a teen ager to adult hood understanding of relationships and sex.

my point...no matter what age or lack there of with my alters when I switched into them thats what went on, each of my alters had their own sense of agency which means when ever I switched into them thats what I would be...

on the other hand now that I am integrated I rarely feel my age or any age, for me age is just the number of how many years i have been alive since birth to present....what I feel mentally isnt ages its feelings like happy sad, anger, excitement a full range of emotions. and physically well I feel like an adult woman physically, age is just a number and doesnt define who I am and what I can and cant do, just like most normal people that I know, I dont wake up in the morning and think I feel like a teen ager today, I wake up and say I am feeling well rested and happy today.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote