View Single Post
finding_my_way
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2015
Default Aug 17, 2016 at 08:52 PM

when the others are more active or when i can feel them, the feelings from them are different from mine. that can also involve knowing roughly the age range of them but not knowing who it is name wise. but sometimes, i will be able to figure out who it is coming from name wise or based on the feeling. not all have ages or names though, but i generally can tell the gender for those ones.

i don't feel like it is 'me' who changes necessarily with episodes...though sometimes their feelings CAN mix with mine which can confuse me cuz i can't figure out what is mine versus theirs. it's a lot of variations and mixes.

there can be what is called, i think, bleeding through of feelings and also passive influence where they can kind of do things from the inside/from a distance instead of actually coming out and taking control of the body. i have a lot of that kind of thing. but i also have had them do things from the inside that affect how i walk, talk, see, hear, etc. or sometimes they have spoken for a few seconds here and there (that is rare and only seems to happen in therapy).

there are also different dissociative experiences i have outside of the other parts affecting things which includes derealization and depersonalization. they cause me to feel distanced/disconnected from my surroundings/self and like things aren't real, etc., so there can be an overlap of that too which can be the feeling of being on auto pilot.
finding_my_way is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TrailRunner14