ScientiaOmnisEst
Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2015
158 hugs
given
Default Aug 26, 2016 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomoocows View Post
When I am really really upset, disconnected, and having what I call an "episode" I sometimes get very very angry (usually at myself or how I am feeling) and I will repeatedly punch myself in the head with fists very hard. It is really horrible and I always feel awful afterwards and dizzy. Unfortunately, last night I did this for quite sometime. I finally stopped when I really scared my partner and he held me down. All day today my head has felt sort of murky, bad headache and after some Advil, it still kind of aches. I am sure it is just sore from what I did. I did some research online and it seems you can't really cause a concussion or anything, although I think the emotional effects are really terrible. Perhaps it was due to my episode and issue last night, which was really awful and I won't go into it, but I have felt very out of it all day. Unable to focus or think clearly at work. (I did not want to come in, but that's another story)

I guess I was just wondering if anyone that has Borderline Personality Disorder or anyone else, do you sometimes have these reactions also? It is unfortunately something I have done ever since I was a teenager. Often it was related to a very intense emotionally abusive fight or argument with someone, where I became extremely upset.
Good god, this is incredibly familiar, down to calling it an "episode".

I don't have a personality disorder, but I used to SH in the same way. I actually took to cutting to stop it, but I would respond in the same way when massively overwhelmed. I would have headaches and bruises the next day, and often would look like I got beat up. Usually it would be related to self-directed anger and shame for me, or a feeling of being totally out of control.
ScientiaOmnisEst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote