View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 28, 2016 at 05:01 PM

Thanks. That was a bit calming. For me the hard thing is not knowing IF I will be able to make bigger changes in life or not. If therapy will lead me to those things or not. Sometimes it feels more of discussing things that are non solvable, like unemployment.

I hope to find new ways and perhaps new issues that lead me forward, that new things evolve and give me ideas of what to do next. Or else therapy will just be like problematizing, not making change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy:) View Post
I think therapy is a process that can vary drastically in length & also in growth, its a very individual thing.
Personally at times I have felt change happening but I've also felt that stuckness that you describe. For me although the stuck part is at times painful and feels like you are going backwards I know that I need to experience it to be able to work on the deeper issues, you've kind of got to dig up all that stuff and work through it before real change is possible- well that's my belief anyway.
So I wouldn't say I have made huge changes over the last 2-3 years of therapy but I can see that I have changed & each little bit of change that has happened is a step closer to one day reaching the point where I feel I am happy in my life. So I do think therapy can bring about bigger change but its very individual. Sometimes what we think we should be working on in therapy is in fact not the real reason for us seeking help- therapy has a weird gift for bringing out or uncovering the needs that have laid dormant for so many years. So although at the moment you may feel as though nothing is going to change, but know it will- it might just look different to what you had envisaged.

Take care
Teddy
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote