View Single Post
AVerySadThrow

Member Since Aug 2016
37 hugs
given
Default Sep 14, 2016 at 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientiaOmnisEst View Post
Enough experience with this is why I've come to believe that self-esteem and self-love are largely shams and delusions. Both hinge on silencing or ignoring the inner critic and, moreso, the eternal circumstances that prove it right. I'm in pretty much the same boat as you, OP. Only thing I can see to do is try to fix oneself in conformity with the inner critic's demands...
Well...I mean, that's the problem. I can't. My inner critic tends to be more about what I can't do than what I do, although I've plenty of self-criticism on that too. Essentially, to be honest, when everything around you confirms what you inner critic is saying...no matter how unpleasant...I feel like its probably the truth. Even if it just constantly makes me feel worthless, unlovable, and like curling up into a ball and crying...

I mean, I'll be honest, I doubt I can get better. I don't like feeling like I do, but when its caused by myself just in my day-to-day life...I don't know if I change that, especially because there's evidence to back up every single thing the inner critic says, and nothing to the contrary.
AVerySadThrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote