Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2014
2,762 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 14, 2016 at 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus1234U View Post
i just learned that my cousin's son hung himself 3 weeks ago. the family is devastated. he had aids, and used 'hard drugs', and was living an openly gay relationship in a very unaccepting community. it is easy to see why he chose to stop early.

sadly, this has brought back the other suicides in the extended family (which is VERY large), over the years. many of them were also easy to understand, to end unbearable suffering. but still, those left behind are finding it hard to move on.

i have an unusual relationship with death, and suicide, having failed more times than i succeeded, obviously. i can sympathize with the person who has reached an ending, and with those who are left to mourn.

i would just encourage those of you who know someone who is suffering unbearably, to decide early on what you would do to intervene, or if you would accept that decision as their right.

to everyone who has , is, or will be, facing that dilema~~ love blesses~

I'm sorry for your loss, so many times. I found part of your post particularly interesting "what you would do to intervene, or if you would accept that decision as their right " Wow, that would be a hard decision to make. I think most peoples first response is to stop them, to save them, but are we saving them? Or prolonging their pain and forcing them to not trust us with their thoughts again. In my experience some try several times and eventually they get it. Makes me wonder if you ever go to that dark deep place do you ever get it out of your head as an option. As you can tell your post was very thought provoking for me.

"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote