Thread: I can't help it
View Single Post
Raynaadi
Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 27, 2007 at 01:13 PM

Oh Jinny I am soooo sorry I didn't read this yesterday. I was in a rush and only hovered on the subjects briefly.

I'm sooo sorry you're feeling ignored here. Maybe some of the other women who have exprience with this haven't had time to reply, or maybe the ones who viewed your post didn't have anything to reply with. Sometimes if I don't have any experience I won't say anything.

I have two bits of exprience with this. One was in my last relationship. While in that relationship, I ran into a man from my past, one who I used to have deep feelings for. We exchanged numbers and would text each other every so often. Soon it turned into extreme texting, heavy flirting and then even some dirty conversations. I told my friend about this and she called it emotional cheating. She said I was getting from this other man what I wasn't getting out of my relationship. I put a stop to the texts for a time, but then it started up again. I had to take a hard look at the relationship and came to the conclusion that I just wasn't happy enough if I was doing these things in text. I'm not the physically cheating kind, but my friend was right, I was doing the emotional cheating thing.

Then just recently, in my current relationship, there were some things I wasn't happy with. I started talking to a friend online about it all, but he's not just an online friend; I know him in real life. We started flirting on yahoo...Unlike in my last relationship with the texting, I felt guilty about it. I ended up telling my boyfriend I needed a break and it only lasted a day and then I was so miserable without him, that we decided to work on things, and I have stopped the flirting on yahoo.

For me, I can't do the online flirting, not heavily anyway. A few fun comments in chat, like saying I'm dancing with a member, yeah no problem. I'm only speaking for myself here. But when I noticed myself reaching out for other men, I knew I had to do something. I had to either leave the relationship or tell my boyfriend what I needed from him. I'm so grateful I chose to talk to him so we can work on things. I got lucky; he's willing to work on the things that were bothering me......I hope things work out for you Jinny and I'm so sorry you're feeling ignored here.........