Grand Member

Member Since Oct 2012
178 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 16, 2016 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious153 View Post
Once again, only slept 4 hours last night. And I have music constantly playing in my head. Plus lately some weird (imaginative but I won't describe, might be a trigger for some) SI thoughts have been coming out of nowhere (not everyday but on some days since the hurricane struck Florida).
I don't see my psychiatrist until November but am going to try the Lithium Orotate in the meantime after reading this post:
http://forums.psychcentral.com/depre...e-point-2.html (specifically the one from LucyG).
Obviously, if it doesn't work, I am going to tell my psychiatrist. And maybe talking to my therapist about it later this month will help. And its nice that I can post about it here. I've had SI periodically since HS and never told anyone until I was 48 years old.
I hope it helps you. It's made it to where I'm almost never hypomanic for more than 24 hours, and no racing thoughts! It's amazing.

Keep in mind that the way you measure it is in the elemental amount available to the body, not the actual mg of the tablet. What I mean by this is that most tablets have about 5 mg of elemental lithium orotate that is available but comes in a tablet of 120 mg. From what I've read in studying this and what my naturopath told me, it's the elemental amount that you go by so if I want to take my normal 20 mg of lithium orotate a day, I take 4 120 mg tablets. It's a bit confusing, but keep this in mind lest you come across articles saying that more than about 150 mg of lithium is dangerous. In this case it's elemental lithium [the 5 mg in the tablets] that is being referred to.

When my naturopath put me on this, he told me people feel it within a half hour. I can be wound up at night and not sleeping, and if I take a couple of extra tablets, I do get some sleep whereas before I was on it, I didn't.

I've done well on the NCI Advanced Research branch. Amazon has it as low as $15.50 for a bottle of 200 which is $1 lower than I paid for some two weeks ago.

Here's a good article on the health benefits of lithium orotate by Dr. Edward Group, founder of The Global Healing Center. His nascent iodine is fabulous, and since I started taking it, I haven't developed my yearly SAD due to the low light here in the Pacific Northwest. My mood has been wonderful without being hypomanic, and I think it's because my thyroid is functioning better than it has in years which is indicated by the fact that my white hair around the front of my face is turning back to a storm cloud gray. I started graying at 21 due to other health issues so this is huge.

The Health Benefits of Lithium Orotate

Here's a video about the nascent iodine by Dr. Group: