Thread: I can't help it
View Single Post
Raynaadi
Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 28, 2007 at 01:20 PM

((((((( Jinny )))))))))

I'm so sorry honey.......boy do I know about the sports problem. My boyfriend and I almost broke up over it. When we first started dating, I didn't mind all the sports because I just wanted to be with him, so I was learning about the sports and getting into playoffs and such. But eventually it felt like I took second place to the game. I felt like I couldn't talk while the games were on. I almost left him. Luckily I decided to come clean with him about everything and he said he thought I liked the sports. I had set up the expectation that I enjoyed it, but eventually I couldn't pretend as much anymore. Since the almost break up he's made a lot of comprimises.

Have you talked to hubby about some family counceling? Does he know how much its affecting the kids? Its not ok to feel so alone in a relationship; you shouldn't have to deal with that. Maybe you could convince him to go counceling as a family. Sometimes couples get to a point where they just can't do it on their own. My boyfriend and I have our AA sponsors that we turn too when we're having problems with each other......so maybe marriage counceling or family counceling would help? Would he be at all willing? I hope he sees that you love him and need more.....I really hope he comes around for you. You are such a sweet soul.....you don't deserve to be so miserable (I know you're saying "yes I do" but you don't, so quit beating yourelf up ). Keep pushing and working for what you need.....love ya babe, hang in there......and keep posting k? It helps.