View Single Post
LucyG
Grand Member

Member Since Oct 2012
178 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2016 at 04:05 PM

Just a quick comment before I get to my main comment. If it causes a migraine, it's probably because these meds all interfere with the body's ability to utilize magnesium as well as depleting it as the liver detoxes the med. Magnesium is an extremely effective treatment for migraines. There are several good videos on youtube about the subject.

I was on meds for bipolar 2 for 13+ years. They probably saved my marriage by turning me into a zoned out zombie. As for controlling the bipolar, it was marginal at best. I did have a lot of side-effects that I didn't realize were side-effects as my Pdoc never mentioned them, and I was too naive and dumb to consider that meds caused anything other than a day or two of nausea, a slight headache and slight constipation. It was only after I experienced some very serious and upsetting side-effects that I realized just how many strange symptoms I was experiencing were side-effects including depression and anxiety.

I went off meds, and felt much, much better for the first time in over a decade. I came across info about using amino acids to regulate the neurotransmitters the same way meds are supposed to do. The difference is that instead of keeping old, worn out neurotransmitters from being reabsorbed or reuptaken [selective serotonin /norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors] when they're worn out, the amino acid is used by the brain to produce fresh neurotransmitters so your brain has what it needs to function properly. I was absolutely amazed at how effective they were in controlling my mood. And I'm tied to a Pdoc who ran my life. If my mood shifts up or down, I take whichever amino acid or the mineral supplement lithium orotate needed to bring it back in line. I've been doing this for 9+ years with great success.

Here's a great brain function questionnaire that shows the emotions/feelings related to various neurotransmitters and the related amino acid:

http://drjolee.com/Brain-Function-Questionnaire.pdf

Here are a couple of articles on treating depression using amino acid therapy:

https://www.integrativepsychiatry.ne...epression.html

Treating Depression Naturally Is Possible ? Clean's The New Black