View Single Post
DelusionsDaily
Conflicted...

Member Since Jul 2010
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2016 at 04:23 AM

Eden, bizi laid it out pretty well. If that isn't clear enough then maybe this question is better proposed to your treatment team. These people have been supportive and your talking to people who understand the illness from experience. They are trying to save you the pain of having to experience the consequences of unmedicated bipolar. Part of what scares most people is the danger in not seeing how sick you are. Almost certainly part of your psychosis and manic symptoms. Not many will sit by and watch someone essentially self-destruct in their illness especially when one refuses the treatment being offered by their treatment team. Medication isn't a perfect science therefore it will take time to find the right med or combination of meds for you, that maximizes the ability to be well with tolerable even minimal side effects.

I'll be honest, I don't think you're going to get enough from DBT in your current state. It was a lot of work to learn and then implement the skills in a useful way and that was while medicated.

I hope you find what you need.
DelusionsDaily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
luvyrself