View Single Post
droopy55

Member Since Nov 2004
Default Dec 01, 2004 at 08:34 AM

Hi Greg,

You're right about my birthday. I said that I was no spring chicken. I'm a KFC reject! LOL!!! This is difficult to say but I just turned 49. Ouch! That hurt.

I got my first degree when I was in my early thirties. I was working fulltime during the day and going to college at night. I was high functioning and not yet diagnosed with a MI. I had a 4.0 and finished 2nd in my class. I enjoyed school so much. I love to learn new things.

My difficulty now is with concentration, comprehension, and memory; whether they are med produced, bp produced or both, I don't know. But I do have some challenges ahead for me.

I know what you mean about the "kids" calling you "sir." I've started being called "ma'am"; that's really weird! Clerks in stores call me "hon" and "sweetie." Talk about feeling old.

Your success story is awesome and your advice is priceless. I need to remember what you said about pacing myself. I tend to want to overdo.

Wow, do you know me! I need to set some reasonable goals. Setting goals are hard for me because of the fact that I set them too high sometimes and I set myself up for failure. I'm a perfectionist; that makes it worse.

You have given me invaluable advice! When I walk across that stage to get my second degree, it will be because I set goals, worked at my own pace, and remembered a friend who told me "YOU CAN."

Thanks (((((((Greg)))))))

droopy

"As I sit on the balcony, a large flock of birds, maybe fifty or sixty swallows swirl around in large circles swishing past my observation post, sometimes in silence, more often with a terrible shrieking. They are like the many thoughts that go swirling around in my head, sometimes making an awful racket..."
--Basil Pennington

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">
droopy55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote