View Single Post
SickCycleCarousel

Member Since Sep 2014
Default Oct 28, 2016 at 12:12 PM

I knew there was something different about me when i was very little but didnt understand these things at that time. Started showing full on signs of being suicidal, very angry & overly emotional, very anxious & suffering from severe insomnia) dx at 15/16, i had bottled up a hell of a lot as a child & just suddenly exploded one day. Things were very up & down for a while & i tried to brush it off i guess, thinking things would get better or the feelings would eventually go away, i was so wrong! My very early 20's i'd had enough of everything, it all felt like it was too much, i finally went to the dr & got referred to a psychologist, only to be told straight up that i need to be medicated because something was very wrong, i knew this of course but could never figure it out. Firstly i got dx with "mild depression" & i knew it was way more than that! So i was very persistant on finding the answers so i could understand & finally start to deal with this. Next was "Severe depression" then MDD & Anxiety, i asked to do any tests, scans, really anything i could to get to the bottom of all this. I knew it was more than that, i then was dx with psychosis (medically induced, not drug induced) I went in hospital for 2 months on suicide watch, still managed to try & go through with it during my stay! I finally said to my first psych "maybe i have bipolar" she literally laughed in my face & said "theres no way you have bipolar!" Got rid of her quick! 5-6 psychiartrists later & i found a good one! Told him everything & yep i was right! Dx with Bipolar II, Psychosis, GAD & now PTSD this year! It took atleast 5 years to finally get the answer i knew all along! It was hard to understand at first but i accepted it & things have changed so much! I finally feel at ease knowing i dont have to keep searching now!
SickCycleCarousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous59125, Coffeee