View Single Post
droopy55

Member Since Nov 2004
Default Dec 01, 2004 at 10:10 PM

Hi Tina,

I hope that I do find a friend that I can have as a "study buddy" and someone to lean on, particularly when the class gets tough. I don't know if I mentioned this in an earlier post (forgive me if I have), but at this university there is a 60% failure rate for the prob & stats class and you're lucky if you get a C. It's really tough! There goes my grade point average.

Speaking of grade point averages, congrats on all the A+'s! You are an inspiration to me having given all those oral presentations and having a panic and anxiety disorder.

As far as using every available resource, I certainly am going to do just that. Disabilities Services at this university is WONDERFUL! They will give me a letter to take to my prof to tell him/her what accommodations I will need. Also, I probably will ask for a tutor.

Thank you, Tina, for sharing your success story! I'll try to remember what you said about school giving you courage, friends, and love. With that type of attitude, I WILL make it this time.

droopy

"As I sit on the balcony, a large flock of birds, maybe fifty or sixty swallows swirl around in large circles swishing past my observation post, sometimes in silence, more often with a terrible shrieking. They are like the many thoughts that go swirling around in my head, sometimes making an awful racket..."
--Basil Pennington

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">
droopy55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote