View Single Post
edvis

Member Since Nov 2016
Default Nov 10, 2016 at 10:04 PM

I was a case manager for many years, but given the restrictions and regulations insurance put on serving clients I got out. The only job I could find quickly was psychiatric technician at a crisis stabilization unit. During my time working this job I developed some anxiety just dealing with the clients. To compund this I was working third shift, got transfered to second shift which I did well on. But, with our turnover we lost two employees and as a result I had to go back to working third shift. Right now I am in transition into getting out of the mental helath filed and going int the food service field at the local hospital. At 47 I don't deal witht he stress that comes from dealing with bipolars and other psychiatric problems as well as I use to. Another impact on my job is the drive time from my home to work, nearly an hour and having to deal with morning traffic after getting out of work. For me I had to get out. I have to deal with my own mental health and can't help others out if I don't. So changing jobs might be better. Clients attitudes and perceptions can greatly affect you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
Many, many people go into the profession because of their own experiences with mental health problems. Those who get their "stuff" together can be very effective with clients. Those who are still struggling with their "stuff" are a threat to clients, themselves and the profession.

As for being an introvert.... most therapists are.

Are you in therapy now? Why not discuss this with your therapist if you are.
edvis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote