View Single Post
Denni

Member Since Oct 2016
2 hugs
given
Default Nov 24, 2016 at 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2K View Post
I'm new here and just trying to look around and see where I fit in. There are A LOT of boards on this site!

I have 2 teens, both have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, both currently being treated with counseling and meds. My daughter has had a rough few weeks...acted out at school, agitated, inappropriate, and generally made some students in one class uncomfortable. So for now she is out of that class until further notice. I have a meeting with the teacher and counselors this week. I'm hoping to explain more about her illness and how she acts when she is not doing well, and that we just adjusted meds and she will get better. This is a new school year in a new school (high school). In one way I feel very defeated and defensive that we are starting out this way. But on the other hand, I will stand up for my child and make sure she is ok, and I want them to understand how her disease affects her and that these actions really are not her personality at all. People who know her well know that. Btw - the reason I'm extra nervous is that I spent almost 2 years getting them to put a 504 plan in place for her...but I got it!

Any advice? Anybody been through a situation with teens dealing with depression? If so, please help so I don't feel so alone...I'm a single mom and always go into all these things by myself. I need to get my mama bear attitude on and be prepared for potential battle!

Thanks!
Hi! I've tried to contact you, & reply to your welcoming texts, but was told that I have to have posted 3 pubic texts 1st! ( well I guess this will be two)! Talk soon- Denni
Denni is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote