View Single Post
Mapper

Member Since May 2014
Default Nov 29, 2016 at 12:46 PM

I'm nearly 45 years old and have been shy all my life. I still remember report cards from kindergarten where the comments were "Is extremely quiet. Does not volunteer easily" I feared those comments more than I feared a bad grade growing up!

I'm married now and have been married for 6 years now. I married a very outgoing person, which is odd, but at least it helps me come out of my shell a bit. I really don't have any friends other than my coworkers so never go out really. I volunteered at a wildlife sanctuary 7 years ago and was supposed to be there for at least 3 months. Although I enjoyed it, I felt out of place there because I didn't really know what to say to others and felt like an outcast. I ended up coming up with a bogus excuse as to why I couldn't finish out my 3 months and of course did that over email because I couldn't do it face to face.

For months now I have once again been so close to volunteering at another sanctuary but stop myself every time because I know that I will feel awkward and will immediately feel like I don't belong there even though I absolutely love animals. I also for months have been contemplating taking either a jewelry making or glass fusing class at the art center but feel like I will probably be so out of place there and screw it up so badly that they will wonder why I signed up, even though it IS for beginners! If I had someone to do these things with me, I would go ahead and do them, but I just feel so awkward doing them alone and I know my husband wouldn't do them with me.

Just so tired of doing nothing with my life due to the "what ifs"!
Mapper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Little Lulu, UglyDucky, Yours_Truly