Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2008
7,192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2016 at 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsychologynewbie View Post
I have been seeing her since November 2016. I don't know how old she is or how long she has been in practice unfortunately. T was assigned by a local subsidised counselling service. She looks to be in her late 30s/early 40s from appearance.

Regarding the friends comment, I have absolutely no clue. No we definitely don't have a friendship outside therapy. I need to clarify the friends comment and Christmas leave, because to be honest I have no clue what is going on with her.

I've got therapy early next week with her. Should I cancel? Or should I speak to her about these things and get some clarification? I am not in a great place at the moment anyway without all this. I could contact the service provider on Monday and get some advice on how to proceed further? I am worried and really confused about all this.
Contacting the service provider sounds like a good idea to me. If you feel up to it, speaking to t about it might be helpful. IMO if you are uncomfortable, seeking a new t is a good way to go. I definitely would not be ok with a t being flirtatious. And I think it is totally ok to just stop seeing her and go to someone else. You do not owe her anything. And it is probably easier to change now than to wait.
kecanoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight