Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
2,132 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2016 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsychologynewbie View Post
I have been seeing her since November 2016. I don't know how old she is or how long she has been in practice unfortunately. T was assigned by a local subsidised counselling service. She looks to be in her late 30s/early 40s from appearance.

Regarding the friends comment, I have absolutely no clue. No we definitely don't have a friendship outside therapy. I need to clarify the friends comment and Christmas leave, because to be honest I have no clue what is going on with her.

I've got therapy early next week with her. Should I cancel? Or should I speak to her about these things and get some clarification? I am not in a great place at the moment anyway without all this. I could contact the service provider on Monday and get some advice on how to proceed further? I am worried and really confused about all this.
Ok. I absolutely understand what you are feeling. It's not a real pleasant place to be in to say the least. Would it help for you to write out on paper what the pros and cons to seeing this therapist are in order to help you get a better picture of what you are dealing with? Ask yourself... Are you getting any help for what you originally went into therapy for? What, if any, value does this therapist brings you? Is this t more troubling than it's worth?

Writing this stuff down helps you to see things in black and white which can clean out the confusion and lead to finding answers. Your posts clearly indicate you are an intelligent, insightful, strong, and self-led person so I am confident you will figure out what is best for you to do soon. Again, listen to your instincts. I'm sorry she has put you in this hurtful position. And I know first hand how hurtful unethical behavior from a t is. It has a very high potential to get a lot worse.
AllHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37891

Thanks for this!
kecanoe, LonesomeTonight