Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2011
263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 13, 2016 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodoering View Post
I've been diagnosed as schizoaffective, and that seems to be a good diagnosis. The symptoms weave in and out, with old symptoms fading away and new ones appearing, but a few, like the *****y imaginary girlfriend and the paranoia and many delusions, have been strong and constant. One psychiatrist thought I was just schizophrenic, but that was because I was between manic storms when I first saw him, and didn't have the affective symptoms I usually do. I have been schizoaffective for almost 11 years now, and I have given up hope of a cure. Maybe I can hope for some slight reduction of symptoms, but that is all. Too many shrinks, too many different meds, too many manic storms, too many voices screaming in my head. Hope the rest of you are having better luck than this
I'm schizoaffective too. I agree with you. Too many shrinks, meds and manic storms. I almost wonder what it would be like med free. I wonder if some of these meds are symptom activating. Eh. I'm currently entering a manic phase and can feel it. No sleep, or too much sleep and I'm becoming extremely paranoid that my neighbors are watching me. This is going to fun .