View Single Post
runlola72

Member Since May 2016
201 hugs
given
Default Dec 14, 2016 at 06:54 PM

He offered 2 objects. I feel really warm inside. T sent me a photo for my first object. It's a pic of the ornaments I made him on his tree. I had made him felt sand dollar, starfish and seahorse ornaments, and we hung them on his tree together last week. In this pic he sent me, the seahorse (which represents him to me, as the male seahorse cares for the babies in his pouch before they transition to independence) is right next to the starfish (which represents me, having been damaged but trying to heal myself, as starfish do). The sand dollar is almost not in the pic at all. The seahorse is actually arranged on the branch so that it's head is right up against the starfish, like he's comforting it. It's hard to explain but these are not the spots we originally placed the ornaments so they were obviously arranged as thus on purpose. I am touched.

The second object was actually a choice between two very nice objects. I felt a bit odd because I hadn't intended on him letting me borrow anything of substance. Just maybe a pen he used or something. But he offered a choice between a small jade Buddha head and an beautiful stone carved armadillo pin. I felt it would be rude to not pick one, so I went with the armadillo, which it turns out us rich with metaphor for a good psychologist. So the little armadillo will travel abroad with me and I am praying that I don't lose it. I will be careful.

My emails must have made him feel guilty. :/ I'm proud of myself for speaking up and telling him my needs. I've not ever been good at doing that with my parents. Thank you all for the encouragement. And we had a very productive session delving into a dream I had that deals with my csa.

Last edited by runlola72; Dec 14, 2016 at 07:52 PM..
runlola72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, Anonymous37925, Anonymous37926, brillskep, Duckling000, growlycat, Inner_Firefly, LonesomeTonight, Out There, ruh roh, skeksi, unaluna

Thanks for this!
88Butterfly88, Elio, FourRedheads, growlycat, Inner_Firefly, junkDNA, kecanoe, LonesomeTonight, rainbow8, retro_chic, ruh roh, ScarletPimpernel, SoConfused623, unaluna