View Single Post
runlola72

Member Since May 2016
201 hugs
given
Default Dec 15, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietMind View Post
What's the significance of the armadillo? Genuinely curious. I would have picked it too
This is from sunsigns website:
"Often times, the armadillo symbol may be viewed as living a self-concerned and aloof life. Its symbolic emphasis on defense, protection, and guarding only encourages this view. However, we must not neglect the symbolism that it offers for our lives.
Among others, the armadillo meaning symbolizes trust, peace, pacifism, balance, complexity, and compassion. It is a representative of detachment and objectivity.
Armadillos are also inquisitive creatures, using their sharp little claws to dig and burrow into the Earth. They teach us the importance of continual searching and discovery to get to the root of all matters, both external and internal.

The Armadillos insect totem speaks to us to continue in-depth searches, digging below the superficial surface. Don’t bury questions or issues that have been nagging you. Along with digging and burrowing, armadillos have well-developed senses that can detect life underground.

They are masters of both hiding and seeking, acting as personal guides for discovering our own secrets. With an armadillo leading the way, we are prepped to receive insight and answers to our questions. As seekers, they also assist us in finding things that we seek through meditation and research.

After all of its strenuous detective work, the armadillo must rest, although they do take it a bit far. Like sloths, these creatures sleep for around eighteen hours a day. While it is inadvisable for us mimic this behavior exactly, it does serve as a sign for us to take rest when necessary and relish in times of relaxation.

We should use these times to recuperate and recharge, seizing the opportunity to refrain from social interactions and spend alone time with ourselves. The armadillo, then, reminds us of the importance of mothering and nurturing ourselves.

Like other water creatures, armadillos are symbolic of emotions. In this case, we should ask ourselves if our emotions have been clogged up and dammed up. It is unhealthy and troubling to have our emotions flood our beings, and this can be avoided by making sure that they stream naturally at all times.

Water totems signal us to let our emotions flow freely and naturally, allowing any internal tensions to loosen. Like the armadillo, we should allow ourselves to “float” rather than sinking and being held down by the weight of emotions."

I see a lot of connections to a good therapist. I feel like he knows my propensity to search for connections and symbolism, and so he looked for a symbolic object for me. The armadillo has boundaries, he needs to protect himself. But he also has compassion and is a good detective, sniffs out clues, looks for the roots of things.
runlola72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
alpacalicious, Elio, Out There