View Single Post
Bugs-N-Hugs

Member Since Dec 2016
10 hugs
given
Default Dec 16, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinglady View Post
I did not read your entire post but if you are not truthful honest and forthcoming about the entire you you are handicapping your therapist on how to help you. I know it is hard and will take a long time to reach this level of trust but she can only treat what she hears and sees. You know they are trained to see behind the masks and the fronts. She probably knows more about you then you know about yourself.
That's true. I try to be honest and not evasive or prevaricate with her, but it's so tough because I really like her--she's a great person, aside from being a caring and fantastic counselor. So I tend to wanna pile on the masks around her. Lately, I've been forcing myself to take them off, one at a time, and tell her how I feel and how I really am. WHO I really am. It's slow going, but I think I'm making progress.

bugs-N-hugs

The Works

(CAUTION!: This bug is diagnosed with Bipolar I, PTSD, and ADD. Waiting on a diagnosis for BPD.)

--

"Worms? I hate worms! They drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once! They put me in a rubber room. I died in that rubber room. Then they put me in the cold, hard ground. There were worms in that ground. Worms? I hate worms! They drive me crazy...!"
Bugs-N-Hugs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote