View Single Post
Icare dixit
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2016
1,484 hugs
given
Default Dec 17, 2016 at 05:40 PM

Thanks for answering all those questions!

I also don't think borderline is the best way to describe your personality, even if it's probably quite like it (it is like it but not it, if based on your answers).

Shame and feeling quilty, as well as empathy, is what we generally, in some way, have too much of, while we might appear to have to little of it. We may feel shame for no reason. We generally feel disproportionately guilty at least at one point for no reason. Any manipulation is generally out of desperation (and less so boredom or compulsion, for example).

So I'd say it's similar to, but not, BPD.

I think it might be a personality which could be called narcissistic. But it isn't clearly that either. I agree there's at least somewhat antisocial which is different and a part of your personality to a higher degree than what you'd expect when someone is diagnosed with BPD.

BPD, NPD and ASPD are somewhat similar. The problems all have to do with (lack of) emotions, compulsions, beliefs and pretence, uncertainty about one's identity and pain, basically. HPD shares similarities with BPD and (to a lesser extent) NPD.

I hope this helps and I hope you find the answers you're looking for. At any rate, accepting there may be a problem is a big step. That probably also means that however you should call it, it's not very severe (at least if it's any of the PDs discussed here).

Mania kills cells. Brain cells die. Memories become more reduced conceptually, making more efficient use of limited means. Memories shape our reality. Our memories are more or less split in two by abstractions, conceptual reductions. Mood states with memories, concepts, attached. Memories of pain and those of joy. It causes instability, changeability. Fearing that will leave an emptiness between pain and joy and a greater divide.
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Heal Me.
Icare dixit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bugs-N-Hugs, Pastel Kitten